At KMC, we attach great importance to the privacy of the users of our website. We apply a number of core values to guarantee your privacy to the best of our abilities.
- Informing - We want to inform you as well as possible how and why we process personal data. We do this through this privacy statement.
- Limit collection - We take great care that our collection of personal data is limited to only what is really necessary for the proper functioning of the website and the services you use.
- No marketing, based on personal data We do not hand out personal data for marketing purposes and only send commercial mailings after your explicit consent.
- Your data will remain with us - We will not pass on your personal data to other parties, unless this is necessary to provide the service used or when we are legally obliged to do so.
- Security We take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and also require parties that process personal data on our behalf.
- We respect your legal rights - You have various rights based on the law. We will inform you about this in this privacy statement
In this privacy statement you can read how we put these core values into practice and respect and protect your right to privacy.
What do we use your personal data for?
Depending on the services offered by us via the website, the personal data you can leave behind via our website can be used for the following purposes.
- Register and make an appointment - If you register with us or make an appointment via our website, the information you provide in the relevant form or appointment service will only be used to manage your registration and to make an appointment.
- Your medical file - If you provide us with medical data, these can be included in your medical file. We will only do this if permitted by law or if we have obtained your explicit consent for this
- Contact form - If you have any questions, you can always contact us by filling in the contact form. You will be asked to fill in your name and contact details with a description of your question. This information will only be used to process your question and to improve our services.
We will not process your personal data for purposes other than those mentioned above, unless you have given your prior consent or we are allowed or required to do so by law.
On what grounds do we process your personal data?
We only process your personal data on the basis of a legal basis. For the purposes mentioned above, we process your personal data on the basis of the following principles:
- Execution of the agreement for the purposes aimed at offering our services, for example to process your registration;
- (Express) consent : for the purposes aimed at providing access to and using the functionalities of our website, placing cookies, sending our newsletter, or processing your medical data after we have have obtained your (explicit) consent;
- Legal obligation : we may have a legal basis for the purposes aimed at processing your medical data and maintaining your medical file. In addition, we are legally obliged to keep certain data of the order you have placed in our webshop.
Which personal data do we need?
By using the website and the services available on it, you leave certain information with us. We only store and use the personal data that is provided directly by you or of which it is clear that they are provided to us for processing. Depending on the service you use, we may collect the following data via the website:
- Your contact details (e-mail address, telephone number);
- Your name, address and place of residence;
- Your gender and date of birth;
- Account information;
- Insurance details (name of insurer, policy number, insurance commencement date);
- The name of your healthcare providers or pharmacy;
- Time of your appointment;
- Payment details and billing address;
- Information regarding your health;
- Citizen Service Number (BSN);
- Click and visit behavior;
- Device data / (pseudonymized) IP address.
Data of persons under the age of 18
Our website and / or service does not intend to collect data about website visitors under the age of 16. However, we cannot check whether a visitor is older than 18. We therefore advise parents to be involved in the online activities of their children, in order to prevent data about children from being collected without parental consent. If you are convinced that we have collected personal information about a minor without this consent, please contact us.
Provision to third parties
Your data is explicitly not provided to third parties, other than third parties who are directly involved in the execution of the agreement between you and us, or unless any legal provision obliges us to do so. The parties that we may need to perform the services you have requested are:
- Hosting parties and our software suppliers;
- Payment service providers and delivery services;
- Your health insurance company.
We take the protection of your data seriously and take appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized modification. If you have the impression that your data is not properly secured or there are indications of misuse, please contact us.
Your personal data will never be kept longer than is necessary for the purposes described in this privacy statement or on the website, except in the cases in which any legal obligation precludes the removal of the personal data.
Websites of third parties
This privacy statement does not apply to websites of third parties that are connected to this website by means of links. We cannot guarantee that these third parties will handle your personal data in a reliable or secure manner. We therefore recommend that you read the privacy statement of these websites before using these websites.
Use of permanent cookies
With the help of permanent cookies we can recognize you when you visit our website again. The website can therefore be specially adjusted to your preferences. Even if you have given permission to place cookies, we can remember this by means of a cookie. As a result, you do not have to keep repeating your preferences, which saves you time and allows you to use our website more pleasantly. You can delete permanent cookies via the settings of your browser.
Use of session cookies
Session cookies allow us to see which parts of the website you have viewed during this visit. This allows us to adapt our service as much as possible to the surfing behavior of our visitors. These cookies are automatically deleted when you close your web browser.
Use of analytical cookies
We keep statistics on our website, but this is always completely anonymised or pseudonymised. No statistics are kept on parts of the website where your health data is exchanged. We can use the following applications to keep statistics.
In the cases that we have activated the Google Analytics tool, cookies from the American company Google are placed via our website as part of the Analytics service. We use this service to keep track of and receive reports on how visitors use the website. This tool is privacy-friendly. For example, we have not allowed Google to use the obtained Analytics information for other Google services, we have the IP addresses pseudonymised and have concluded a processor agreement with Google.
The information collected by Google is transferred to and stored on servers in the United States. Google states that it adheres to the Privacy Shield principles and is affiliated with the Privacy Shield program of the US Department of Commerce. This means that there is an appropriate level of protection for the processing of any personal data.
Changes to this privacy and cookie statement
We reserve the right to make changes to this statement. It is recommended that you consult this statement regularly so that you are aware of these changes.
Access, change and delete your data
You have the right to view, correct or delete your personal data. You also have the right to withdraw your consent to the data processing or to object to the processing of your personal data by KMC and you have the right to data portability. This means that you can submit a request to us to send the personal data that we have about you in a computer file to you or another organization mentioned by you. You can send a request for access, correction, deletion, data transfer of your personal data or request for cancellation of your consent or objection to the processing of your personal data to the contact details below. We will respond to your request as soon as possible. Make sure you clearly state who you are, so that we can be sure that we do not modify or delete data from the wrong person.
Dutch Data Protection Authority
Kaak Medisch Centrum would also like to point out that you have the option to file a complaint with the supervisory authority in the country where you are located. In the Netherlands, the supervisory authority is called the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
Questions and feedback
Kaak Medical Center
Jan van Galenstraat 176- 178
1056 CJ Amsterdam